There are many ways to donate to Northeast Historic Film. Financial contributions are extremely important. We also rely on your donations of film, equipment, and ephemera to expand our collections. Each type of donation, financial or otherwise, makes a difference in keeping NHF a vibrant organization dedicated to the history and heritage of northern New England.
Financial donors are critical to keeping the organization healthy. Every contribution makes a difference and will help to:
- Conserve and enhance our collections.
- Support special presentations of materials in our archives.
- Expand our public programs and community outreach efforts.
- Provide programming in the Alamo Theatre.
- The Annual Fund is a way to provide general operating support.
- Supporting the Alamo Theatre is a great way to ensure that your community cinema remains vital.
- Gifts to the endowment ensure the safekeeping of materials in the conservation center.
- Planned giving and bequests are useful tools for estate planning and can be established to benefit both you and NHF. Talk to your financial advisor about bequests, charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, and charitable lead trust. We are also happy to discuss options with you.
Film donors add to the collections and enrich the variety of material available.
Northeast Historic Film's moving image collections capture regional life in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont. We hold local television material from the 1950s to the 1990s, industrial films, silent dramas, and independent works. We're particularly interested in amateur film and home movies.
Technology and Ephemera Donors
Technology and Ephemera donors add to the study center and exhibits through donations of cameras, projectors, postcards, posters, periodicals, and other items.
Northeast Historic Film collects moving-image technology such as projectors, cameras, and editing equipment. This equipment helps to provide an overall picture of the filmmaking process, with a strong emphasis on amateur filmmaking.
If you would like additional information on donating film, ephemera, or equipment please contact Brook Ewing Minner, our Executive Director.